Personal Care Assistant - Female
As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare has a fantastic opportunity for you!
We are looking for exceptional Personal Care Assistants to provide support and care to a female resident living with additional healthcare needs in an LD establishment in Swadlincote, Coalville, Burton, Long Eaton, Castle Donnington and the surrounding local areas of South Derbyshire.
What we require:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Take advantage of our free training programmes to grow in your Healthcare career!
At Newcross we care about our employees, that's why we offer them clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure they always have the chance to evolve in their position. This could include BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and more.
We also give you the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
As a Personal Care Assistant you will be responsible for providing the best support and care to our service users. You will be a compassionate and talented professional who uphold our caring philosophy whilst enabling our patients to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.
Previous experience of caring for service users with additional healthcare needs is highly desirable for this role.
The shifts for this role include 12 hour day shifts (7am to 7pm) and 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am).
- Salary of up to £10.50/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- FREE criminal record check (DBS) and FREE uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Plenty of discounts at the high street available to all healthcare staff with Perks at Work!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support of a local line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- You choose when you get paid! Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Nottingham Team
Your new team will be located in the city of Nottingham, home to the legend of Robin Hood. We are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Click the button to Apply
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!