Based on the second floor of Broadway Court, your local branch is a short walk from Peterborough train station.
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne, Oundle, Corby, Spalding and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross Healthcare, you will take advantage of flexible hours, our Perks at Work scheme and our new Flexi Pay feature.
Our Caring Role
You will ensure that our service users receive excellent care at all times and will provide assistance and support with a range of tasks. These include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Have the opportunity to complete a wide range of free training programs designed to broaden your existing skill set. These can be earned through credits as you work and include Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for candidates to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVS/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.