Join us today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our service users in Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne, Oundle, Corby, Spalding and the surrounding areas.
Take advantage of our permanent contracts, free training programs and Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature.
Our Caring Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing support and assistance to our service users fulfilling a range of tasks. They include aiding with personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. They will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
There could be opportunities to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVS/SVQ).
Our Peterborough Team
Located in the county of Cambridgeshire in the East Midlands, Newcross Healthcare's Peterborough branch provides qualified healthcare professionals to the region.
More than half of the British outdoor crop of celery comes from Ely and a favourite local dish is Celery Baked in Cream.
Based on the second floor of Broadway Court, the branch is a short walk from Peterborough train station.
What we'll offer you
- Salary of up to £12.23/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.