Do you want to make a change?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Porthmadog, Pwhelli, Bangor and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive care and support with a variety of important daily tasks. These will change but will primarily include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible hours in different shifts throughout weekdays, nights and weekends
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Flexi Pay app feature allowing you to obtain an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Working with Newcross will give you access to a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics vary but will include Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are also available to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in different levels and subjects.
Newcross Healthcare's branch in North Wales is based in Colwyn Bay and located on Station Road, opposite the town's train station where you will receive support from a local line manager & in-house office support.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.