Make a positive difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to provide care to our service users in Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the surrounds.
Our free training programs will allow you to broaden your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in a variety of subjects and levels.
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay - Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our Chichester team
Located in the South-East of England, Newcross Healthcare's Chichester branch is based on South Street near Chichester Cathedral and not far from Chichester train station.
As a Care Assistant, you will assist our service users with various important tasks. These will vary but will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable