Newcross Healthcare are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
We are looking for Care Assistants to offer first-class care and support to our clients in Rotherham and the surrounding areas. Unlike an agency, we provide our staff with a permanent contract and guaranteed hours, plus -you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around your home life and other commitments.
In this role:
You will be delivering the highest quality of care to every individual you encounter, assisting with clinical, personal and social requirements and promoting the dignity of our resident at all times.
Some of your daily tasks will consist of keeping areas clean and tidy, observing, monitoring and recording patient's conditions and assisting with clinical duties.
What do you require?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
As a Newcross member you will have the opportunity to expand your skill set through our many free training programmes. These include: Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support and many more.
What you'll gain?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work - Take advantage of 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
With Flexi Pay,our 'same day pay' service, you will have the chance to receive up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Situated in the UK's 11th largest city, our Sheffield branch is in a prime location to provide the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Your new team will be located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a callIf you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.