Providing care and support to others
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced Care Assistants to provide life-enhancing care to our service users in the Scottish Borders including Galashiels, Melrose, Hawick and within the surrounding areas.
Why join Newcross?
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
As a valued employee, we will assist in your career progression, offering over 200 training courses and programmes to ensure that you always have the opportunity to evolve in your role, learn new skills and progress even further in your healthcare career.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Your New Position
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
Our ideal applicant will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
What you'll need to succeed:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Benefits you can receive:
- Salary of up to £12.37/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Benefit from our 30,000 discounts at 80 high street retailers!
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and field team leader
At Newcross, you'll benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, including bank holidays and weekends.
Join our fantastic team!
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are located at 5 New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call - this way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.