Looking to improve and advance in your career?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for experienced Care Assistants to uphold the Newcross Philosophies of Care in Sheffield and other surrounding local area, supporting clients in their day-to-day lives.
Your new role
As a Care Assistant you will be involved in a range of day to day activities such as washing, dressing, toileting, meal times and other additional services that allow our service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
Ideally you will be a compassionate and patient healthcare professional with the ability of delivering personal care and support.
Newcross Healthcare training
With us you will have the chance to study a range of excellent ongoing healthcare courses and training which you will earn through credits as your work.
You'll be able to earn five training course per hour worked and once you've built up enough over time, you'll be able to access hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career.
Benefit with us:
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work scheme that provides you with 30,000 discounts
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Enjoy Flexi Pay:
Our flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app will enable you to choose when you get paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The local branch
You will find our Sheffield Branch at St James House, in Vicar Lane, very close to the city centre. This branch is in a prime location and provides the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
Our recruitment process...
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.