Are you ready for a new care experience?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for outstanding Care Assistants just like you!
In this role you will be providing first class care and support to our service users in Sheffield and the surrounding areas.
Your main tasks will consist of offering assistance to our clients during their social activities and also supporting them with personal and clinical needs so they can have a dignified and independent living.
Newcross offers you a lot of advantages that will allow you to have a great work-life balance:
- Flexible shifts! You can choose to work either full or part time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends!
- Flexi Pay, our new feature that is changing lives! Now our healthcare staff can receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if they so wish.
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross gives you the opportunity to broaden your skills set with our free training programmes available, earned through credits as you work. You could choose between different topics such as Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support and more!
Our successful candidates will also be able to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ..
Our Sheffield Branch is located in St James House, Vicar Lane, close to the city centre!
This branch is in a prime location and provides the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
What you will benefit from?
- Salary of up to £11.79/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!