Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our local branch are based in Broadway Court, a short distance from Peterborough train station and Cathedral
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for Care Assistants to join our team in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users living in Spalding, Holbeach and the surrounding local areas.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, your duties will include:
- Providing everyday care to clients
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and medical requirements
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from:
- Flexible pay - Our new HealthForceGo® app feature, Flexi Pay will allow you to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible vacancies - You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours.
- Free training programmes - Newcross Healthcare deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants to develop their current skill set, earned through credits as you work.
Things you will need to have in order to be successful for this role:
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not essential.
Apply now to find out more!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.