As a caregiver, you have the power to change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants to join our team in delivering high-quality care and support to our service users within Wellingborough, Rushden and the surrounding local areas.
Our friendly Northampton branch are located in Duncan Close, less than a 10 minute walk from the University of Northampton and just off the A5076.
The Care Role
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose.
You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
- Salary of up to £12.74/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
You will also be able to access our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Just submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Working for Newcross Healthcare provides flexibility with your rota, where you can choose full or part time hours to fit around your schedule, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager.
We have various shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, and within many different care environments.
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These programmes will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to a Newcross Healthcare course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and submit your timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Are you interested? Then apply today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.