Female Support Worker
Providing care and support to others
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking for experienced Female Support Workers to cover night shifts providing outstanding levels of care to our female service users in Leith, Roseburn, Gorgie, Orminston, Edinburgh, West Linton, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Position
The ideal candidate will be compassionate and caring, with extensive knowledge and experience in which to allow our service users the ability to live the life they wish to lead with respect and dignity.
As a Female Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our female service users living with learning disabilities within care home and residential settings.
You will be assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable independent living.
It is essential that you have previous experience of providing care to service users living with autism and learning disabilities.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when joining
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.45 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Interview via video call - Talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview!
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and team leader
At Newcross, you'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Our friendly branch are located in New Mart Place in Edinburgh, just a short distance from Slateford train station.
Join us today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.