Female Support Worker
Providing support and care to others is a rewarding experience
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Female Support Workers to cover night shifts to provide life-enhancing care and support to our female service users living in care homes in Leith, Roseburn, Gorgie, Orminston, Edinburgh, West Linton, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of an excellent work-life balance.
Furthermore, we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
We are seeking carers with prior experience of working with clients with learning disabilities in particular those with autism.
What to expect
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
In this role, you will be supporting female clients with learning disabilities within a residential setting. It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with our service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
- Salary of up to £13.94/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
With Newcross you also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What do you need for this role?
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when joining
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
- Epilepsy and Medication Training
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
Apply today and help change someone's life
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.