Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for service users living in Crieff, Comrie and the surrounding areas.
- Flexible full time and part time hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme giving you exclusive access to 30,000 discounts in various retailers
- Flexi Pay feature enabling you to enjoy access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our caring role
You will be required to assist our service users with various important tasks including personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
You will also be expected to have a deeper understanding and knowledge of the caring role in order to effectively lead a team of carers.
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Skills & Development
Broaden your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a myriad of topics. These will include Basic Life SUpport, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in various levels and subjects.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.