Senior Care Assistant
Are you proud to care?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for service users living in Perth and the surrounding areas.
Senior caring role
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be expected to have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role.
You will assist service users with a variety of different important tasks. These vary and will include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
Our innovative flexible pay feature will allow you to have exclusive access to an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Develop your skill set with us!
With Newcross, you will have exclusive opportunities to broaden your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will vary but will include Medication Administration, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Basic Life Support and many more.
Further opportunities are available for our staff to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.