Senior Care Assistant
Flexible hours to suit you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will provide assistance with various key tasks including personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
You will be expected to have a deeper knowledge of the caring role and be comfortable leading a team of carers alongside a MDT team.
Our feature will enable you to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day enabling you to draw down on your wages before payday!
Our benefits will include
- Salary of up to £14.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available throughout high street retailers nationwide
Skills & Training opportunities
Take advantage of a broad range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These are designed to broaden your skill set and cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
You could also have the opportunity to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Your local Norwich team
You will find your new team Norwich at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.