Senior Care Assistant
Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for experienced Senior Care Assistants to join our team in delivering expert care and support to our service users living across Kilmarnock, Beith and the local surrounding areas.
Meet the Team
Our local branch are situated in Bath Place in Ayr, which is easily accessible by car, bus and train. We are located close to the seafront and are also just a short distance from Ayr train station.
The Care Position
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a team of carers and have extensive knowledge and additional responsibilities to that of a Care Assistant.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
It is essential that you have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be successful in your application.
- Salary of up to £17.32/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
You'll also be able to benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays.
What you will need to succeed:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross)
- Access to a smart phone or device, with internet access to manage your rota via our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way