Care Assistant & Senior Care Assistant
Do you have experience in the healthcare world?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting experienced Care Assistants & Senior Care Assistants to join our Leeds team in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users in Wakefield and the surrounding local areas.
Our team are centrally based in 14 King Street, just a short walk from Leeds train station, near the River Aire.
Why join Newcross?
We offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, so you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around you and other commitments.
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks may include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
The Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contacts to confirm your clinical abilities and experience
- Access to a smart phone with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
In our Senior Care Assistant position, it is essential that you have a Medication Administration certificate and a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access over 30,000 discounts from high street shops
- Flexi Pay - Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the same day, including weekends and Bank Holidays
Working at Newcross will provide you with many great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
Start your Newcross journey today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.