Senior Care Assistant
Experienced as a carer? Looking for personalised training?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for talented Senior Care Assistants to care and support our service users working full or part time hours in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Paisley, Renfrew, Carntyne, Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
Our healthcare staff have the possibility of studying a wide range of free training courses, this way you can learn new skills and progress in your career while you are working with us.
We also offer the option to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
You will be working within our Glasgow branch which is located at 13 Fitzroy place in Glasgow city, a short distance from Ilbrox Football Stadium.
Which benefits you'll have?
- Salary of up to £17.32/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff.
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
With Flexi Pay you'll have the chance to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
In this role you will be:
* Helping our service users with personal needs such as washing themselves and emptying bedpans.
* Recording basic observations such as blood pressure and temperature.
* Providing support and care to our clients during their social activities.
* Communicating with clients and keeping families updated about the patient's condition.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.