Senior Care Assistant
Looking to improve and advance in your career?
Newcross Healthcare is looking for Senior Care Assistants to work across Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald, Liberton, Gilmerton and the surrounding local areas.
- Salary of up to £17.32/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
This service gives you the chance to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Perks at Work
Our employee perks scheme will allow you to benefit from 30,000 discounts at 80 high street retailers
Working with Newcross you will have the opportunity to study a free training programs earned through credits as you work. You will be able to choose between clinical and office-based courses such as Medication Administration, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be able to provide support to our service users with their clinical needs, personal care and social activities whilst listening and talking with them and their families.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to have team leader skills and a deeper understanding of the caring role.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Medication Administration certificate
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- An NVQ2-3 / SVQ2-3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Our local Edinburgh branch is based in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.