Senior Care Assistant
We are seeking healthcare professionals just like you to join the Newcross team!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to join us in delivering specialised care and support to service users within Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald, Liberton, Gilmerton and the surrounds.
Your Local Team
Our Edinburgh branch are based in New Mart Place, close to Slateford train station and the Stenhouse Museum.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be responsible for a team of carers and have extensive knowledge and additional responsibilities to that of a Care Assistant.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
It is essential that you have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care to be successful in your application.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £17.32/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Medication Administration certificate
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book on to one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our mobile app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.