Senior Care Assistant
You can make a difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to provide care and support to our service users in Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Garvald, Liberton, Gilmerton and the surrounding areas.
Take advantage of a range of benefits including a variety of training programs, the flexibility of choosing your own hours and Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature.
Our Edinburgh Team
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.
The massive and gorgeous Edinburgh castle is built on an extinct volcano.
Our Caring Role
You will have additional responsibilities and a deeper understanding of a role of a Care Assistant. You could be involved in supervising a team and with a multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
It is essential that you have a medication certificate and have a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care for this role.
- Salary of up to £13.33/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on weekends and bank holidays!
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of a wide range of free training programs, earned through credits as you work. They will enable you to develop your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
There could also be an opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your time-sheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2-3 / SVQ2-3 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.