Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Professional care will change someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are searching for Student Nurses to take on the role of a Care Assistant, to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users living across Peterborough, Stamford, Bourne, Oundle, Corby, Spalding and the surrounding local areas.
Our local branch are situated in Broadway Court, close to Peterborough Cathedral and also Peterborough train station.
Your New Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal applicant is kind, patient and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earning up to £500 per successful referral
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your nursing studies
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows all our healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift on the very same day - even on weekends!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will also have the ability to develop and enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work, including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
We also offer hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career such as Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care, plus others.
Our Essential Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all prior employment within the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone or device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and submit timesheets on our app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential.
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.