Care Assistant / Support Worker
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Do you have previous experience working in a Personal Care, Care Assistant or Support Worker role?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to provide the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Port Talbot and the surrounding local areas.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends, working in various settings.
Apply now to find out more.
What can you expect from your Caring/Supporting Role?
As a Newcross Care Assistant/Support Worker, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users enabling them to lead the life that they choose. Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services that will enable our service users to live their daily lives as they choose as independently as possible, in line with their personalised care plan.
It is important that the ideal applicant is compassionate and caring, providing expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead with dignity.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training in Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
With Newcross you could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £13.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform, cost refunded after initial period
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why should you join Newcross?
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' All of our care staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
FlexiPay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a supporting role, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your Local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Swansea centre opened in 2012 and recently moved to new, bigger premises in Barquentine House on Quay West near Swansea city centre. Based close to the River Tawe at Quay West, the centre is just a short walk from Swansea train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.