Care Assistant - Support Worker
A true passion for delivering person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for dedicated Care Assistants and Support Workers to join us in delivering expert care and support to our service users across Bridgwater, Taunton, Wellington and the local surrounds.
As a Care Assistant, you'll be responsible for providing personal care and support to our service users, helping with social activities and aiding with their clinical needs. In this role, you can earn up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay.
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting them with daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community. In this role, you can earn up to £15.23 per hour including holiday pay.
Our Taunton branch is based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset at Taunton Castle.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience for at least 3 months in a similar care role/environment
- Referees that can attest to your employment for the past 3 years
- A Moving and Handling course certificate (or you are willing to enrol and complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- Access to a smart phone/device with internet access to manage your timesheets, online rota and payslips via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay, which will enable you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Access our exclusive training programmes, to widen your knowledge
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Apply now and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way