Care Assistant / Support Worker
Newcross Healthcare is looking to expand our team of healthcare professionals and you could be next to join us!
Our local branch are situated at Telstar House on Mead Avenue in Yeovil
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking professional Care Assistants & Support Workers to join us in providing expert care and support to our service users living in Weymouth and around the local surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be sensitive, caring and professional to maintain our high quality of care and person-centred approach. You will be working in close contact with our clients and their immediate family, so will be required to work in a sensitive manner, and can earn up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay.
As a Support Worker, you will be assisting our service users with the development of new skills, supporting their progression with daily living activities and tasks, and encouraging integration and participation within their local communities. In this position, you can earn up to £15.23 per hour including holiday pay.
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability/experience
- Certification to confirm your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our HealthForceGo app
- Recommend a Friend scheme - earn up to £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access to our exclusive training programmes to broaden your healthcare knowledge
Click the button to Apply
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you in your application.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way