Care Assistant - Support Worker
Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our Taunton branch are based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station
Newcross Healthcare are looking for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers to join our team in delivering excellent care to our users living within Chard, Crewkerne, Ilminster and local surroundings.
What will I do?
You will ensure that our service users receive person-centred care at all times in line with their personal care plans. Tasks that you will provide assistance with include; personal care, clinical requirements, integration within the community, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is essential that you have a calm approach as you will be working with service users living with physical or learning disabilities.
- Salary of up to £13.84 per hour including holiday pay for Care Assistant role/Salary of up to £15.24 per hour including holiday pay for Support Worker role
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Access to our exclusive training programmes, to widen your knowledge
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed in the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone/device with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.