Care Assistant - Support Worker
Do you want to be making a difference?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking seasoned Care Assistants and Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to our service users across Flint, Buckley, Mold and the local surrounding areas.
Our Chester team are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, close to the centre and Chester train station.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
What you will need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or support environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr for senior shifts, or up to £12.47 for HCA shifts paid weekly including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
At Newcross Healthcare, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around you, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Medication Administration, plus more.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way