Care Assistant / Support Worker
Providing care and support in Cardiff and South Wales
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking Care Assistants & Support Workers that are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults in Newport and the surrounding areas within South Wales.
Care Assistant Role
In this role, you'll be assisting children and young people with the activities of everyday living, providing support and companionship to clients and helping them handle day-to-day self-care.
As a Care Assistant, you will also communicate with families of our users to apprise them of their condition and progress, and can earn a salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay.
Support Worker Role
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred daily tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any further services that will enable dignified and independent living.
You will be compassionate, caring and ready for the occasional challenge, and in this role you can earn up to £15.21 per hour including holiday pay.
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
You must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - same day pay feature via our app
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your knowledge
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - access to 30,000 discounts from high street stores
With Newcross, can choose to work full or part time hours to fit around your commitments, minimum hours are guaranteed, providing you with a flexible income and the comfort of a good work-life balance.
Your New Team
Our friendly Cardiff branch are in Park Place, just a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station and Cardiff University.
Apply now to find out more!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.