Care Assistant / Support Worker
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
We are seeking Care Assistants & Support Workers that are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults in Newport and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant/Support Worker, you will provide care and support to children and young adults with various needs and requirements ensuring that they live as independently as possible. You will aid with personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services required.
- Salary of up to £13.56/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers available!
- Flexi Pay - Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
You must be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
Based at Park Place, the centre is just a short walk from the nearby Cardiff University and Cardiff Queen Street train station.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.