Newcross Healthcare has a great opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for dedicated Support Workers to join our team in providing outstanding care and support for our service users living within Brentwood and the surrounding locations.
As a Support Worker, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, champion their needs and enable them to live more fulfilling lives.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care, as well as meal times.
Our friendly local team are based in Atlanta Boulevard, near to Romford train station.
What you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months - or you will complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Referee contact details to validate your previous clinical experience
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not mandatory
- Salary of up to £12.96 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
At Newcross, you can choose to work full or part time hours to fit in with your schedule, to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
Additionally, you can benefit with access to up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day with our innovative Flexi Pay scheme via our app HealthForceGo®
Your Development at Newcross
This role will give you many opportunities to develop and improve your current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus many more.
We also provide several opportunities for staff to study towards a wide range of National vocational qualifications (NVS/SVQ).
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it much more convenient and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way