Do you want to make a positive difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users in Brentwood and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure that our service users receive person-centred care at all times. Your assistance will be required with daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
What makes us different?
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends to suit your ongoing commitments
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts
- Flexi Pay app feature giving you access to up 50% of the value of your shift on the same, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Salary of up to £13.29/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Working with Newcross will give you access to a variety of free training programs covering various topics including Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available to study towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
You can find your local office team at 8 Atlanta Boulevard, Romford. We're a stone's throw from Romford train station, serviced by both national rail and London Underground Services, plus we're easily accessible via bus and car.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.