Care Assistant - Children
Newcross Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for you!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking Care Assistants to provide outstanding care and support to children and young adults aged from 8 to 16 years old living in Swansea and the surrounding local areas.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will need to be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
As a Care Assistant you will be able to assist our service users with their clinical requirements whilst providing them with physical and mental stimulation.
You will also help them with personal activities such as washing, personal hygiene or dressing, allowing them to have a dignified living.
- Salary of up to £15.21/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
* Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts at your fingertips!
* 'Flexi Pay', a 'same day pay' service available via our innovative app HealthForceGo®
* Flexible hours across various weekday, weekend and night shifts throughout the week
Apply today and you will join...
Our Swansea branch which is located in Barquentine House on Quay West near the Swansea city centre. We are an 11 minute walk away from the train station and easily reachable by car or bus.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.