Caring for others
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching for experienced Care Assistants in York and the surrounding areas, to provide our service users with the highest level of care and support.
As a Care Assistant, you will be patient and compassionate, with a positive outlook.
In this role, you will also be providing everyday care to clients, focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being, as well as managing clients' care logs and medical requirements.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months
- Referee contacts to validate your clinical abilities, experience and knowledge
- Access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What you will receive:
- Salary of up to £12.47 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in around you and your commitments
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work at Newcross
- Perks at Work - Access to 30,000 discounts from high street retailers
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. All you have to do is submit your timesheets by 5pm to get paid up to 50% of the value of your shift, all on the very same day.
Our Leeds Branch
Our team are located in 14 King Street, just a short distance from Leeds train station, near the River Aire.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way