Do you want to join a friendly and welcoming team?
Our branch is located in London Street, near the town centre - just a short distance from Reading train station
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Care Assistants to join our team in delivering professional care to our service users living in Abingdon, Shippon, Chilton, Reading and the surrounding local areas.
At Newcross, we're flexible. You can choose to work full or part time hours, to fit around you and your commitments. We don't believe in 'zero hours.' Our staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts.
You will be responsible for completing a range of life-enhancing tasks designed to allow our service users to live as independently as possible. Tasks vary but will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care and with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
Our Essential Requirements:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross)
- You will require access to a smart phone or device to manage your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app
Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Join us, and manage your own workload via our HealthForceGo® app and have the option to make the most of Flexi Pay, our same day pay feature that allows you to be paid for completed shifts within a matter of hours!
Start your application today!
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.