Do you want to develop your skill set?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Fareham, Gosport, Curdridge and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users enabling them to live as independently as possible. Tasks that you will assist with include personal care activities, clinical needs, social requirements and any additional services required.
Choose when you want to be paid with this exclusive app feature!
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and you will be able to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day, including weekends and bank holidays!
Our Southampton team
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
- Flexible full time and part time hours available covering a variety of shifts
- Perks at Work employee scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Development
With Newcross, you will have the chance to broaden your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Further opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications in various levels and subjects.