Care Assistant / Support Worker
Are you polite and hard working?
Our friendly Cardiff branch are based in Park Place, close to Cardiff Queen Street train station
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for experienced Care Assistants and Support Workers who are already registered with Social Care Wales to work in a residential home setting with children and young adults in Cardiff and the surrounding local areas.
Support Worker Position
You will encourage and support our service users in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times. This role provides a salary of up to £15.21 per hour including holiday pay.
Care Assistant Position
As a Care Assistant, your daily tasks could include; dressing, washing, toileting and enabling service users to live their daily lives as they choose. You will be playing an important role in enabling our service users to live fulfilling lives, engaging in their favourite activities and interacting with their families, visitors and other residents.
This role provides a salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay.
To be successful in the recruitment process, you must already be registered with Social Care Wales to practice in a residential home for children and young people in Wales (mandatory registration introduced 1 March 2008).
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- 24 hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Free ongoing training programmes earned through credits as you work
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar care or support role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Access to a smart phone or device to access your rotas, payslips and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.