Are you planning the next step in your career?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting for dedicated Care Assistants to join us in delivering care and support to our service users living within Newport and the surroundings.
Meet the Team
Our local branch is situated at 8 Park Place, only a short walk from Cardiff University and also Cardiff Queen Street train station.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Providing everyday care to our service users
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and their general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and any medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
What you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- Have access to a smart phone, with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
You will also benefit from our new FlexiPay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.