Providing care and support to others
Newcross Healthcare are currently looking to recruit dedicated Care Assistants to provide the highest level of care to our service users living in Pontypool and the surrounding areas of Torfaen.
In this role, you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide support and companionship to clients and help clients handle day-to-day self-care.
You will also communicate with the families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
In order to be successful in this caring role, you will also need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those in your care.
- Salary of up to £13.83 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible full and part time hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts from the high street
Additionally, we've launched a unique pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', which allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our app HealthForceGo® where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Your New Team
Our friendly Cardiff branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
We are located in Park Place, just a short walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station and Cardiff University.
Join us today!
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.