Looking for a new and exciting career in care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching for qualified Care Assistants to deliver life-enhancing care and support to our clients in Slough, Maidenhead, Henley-on-Thames and surrounding areas.
Our Reading branch is located in the largest town in Berkshire, on the 1st floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.
Why join us?
Working with Newcross you will benefit from our fantastic feature app, Flexi Pay, which will allow you to access 'same day pay' via our innovative app HealthForceGo®. You will also have the chance to use our 'Perks at Work' scheme which gives you discounts in major UK retailers.
Furthermore, with us you'll take advantage of our free DBS check, free uniform and free training courses that will allow you to broaden your skill set and progress in your career journey with us.
* Supporting our users with their personal, social and clinical needs
* Promoting the independence and dignity of our clients
* Building relationships with service users and their families
* Recording basic observations such as blood pressure and temperature.
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
* Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
* A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
* You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.