Make a change to someone's life today!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Southampton, Totton, Hythe, Sholing, Lymington, New Milton, New Forest and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will work hard to ensure that our service users receive assistance with various tasks. These will change but will include personal care tasks, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our Southampton team is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
- Flexible hours throughout a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts across a variety of high street retailers
- Range of free training programs earned through credits as you work
Successful candidates will have a chance to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration and many more.
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.