With Newcross Healthcare, you'll benefit from a range of exclusives:
* Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
* Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekends
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
* 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
* Flexi Pay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you receive advanced pay! Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift by midnight (includes weekends and Bank Holidays).
Care Assistant - Southampton/Totton/Hythe/Sholing/Lymington/New Milton/New Forest
Your responsibilities will include; personal care, helping with social activities, aiding with clinical needs and assisting with any other additional services.
The ideal applicant is kind, patient and prepared to provide expert support that allows our service users to live the life they wish to lead. Extensive experience in housekeeping tasks and caring for others will strengthen your application.
This position will give you the opportunity to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work, these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care plus more.
You could also have the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What do you need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments