Care Assistant - Support Worker
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants and Support Workers to care for our service users living in Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will care and support our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks enabling them to live as independently as possible. You will assist with personal care activities, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
As a Support Worker, you will make sure that our service users receive person-centred care at all times. You will aid them with personal care activities, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our app feature allows you to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts on the same day via our HealthForceGo® app.
- Flexible full time and part time hours across a variety of weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts and up to £15.51/hr including holiday pay for SW shifts
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local team
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision of homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
Skills & Development
Working with Newcross will enable you to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various topics. These topics will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration and many more.
Opportunities are also available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different subjects and levels.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!