Care Assistant - Support Worker
Your new role as a carer
A Newcross Care Assistant is responsible for providing person-centred care and support to our service users living in Hampshire, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Newcross carers do as much as they can to ensure the service user in their care is leading a full and happy life.
* Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
* Flexible full and part time hours available across weekday/night and weekend shifts to suit!
* Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* Free Ongoing training and development
* 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
* Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
* Perks at Work, available to all healthcare staff
Flexi Pay! With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!