Care Assistant - Support Worker
You can make a difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants and Support Workers to provide outstanding care to our service users in Hampshire and the surrounding areas.
With Newcross, you have the opportunity to choose the hours that suit you. Our permanent contracts have a minimum hours guarantee that enables our staff to maintain an excellent work-life balance.
Additionally, our 'Flexi Pay' scheme enables healthcare staff to have access to 'same day pay' through our HealthForceGo® app.
The Care Assistant Role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for; providing assistance with social, personal care, clinical needs and any other services need by our service users to enable them lo live as independently as possible.
The Support Worker Role
As a Support Worker, you will have a number of responsibilities that will enable our service users to live as comfortably and as independently as possible. These include; assisting service users with clinical requirements, person-centred day-to-day tasks, social activities and any other additional services needed.
Skills & Opportunities
Take advantage of a wide range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These programmes will enable you to broaden your skill set and will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
You could also have a chance to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- you can decide when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Our Southampton Team
Our Southampton branch is based at 1-3 The Avenue in the city centre, near the hospital. The Southampton branch was relocated to these larger premises in 2014 due to expansion of our services and a growing need for the provision homecare packages in the Hampshire area.
Henry V marched his troops through the Westgate to sail for France and the battle of Agincourt.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.