Complex Care Support Worker - Children
Make a difference to children's lives!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to provide school support for a child with complex care needs living in Bridgwater.
You will provide support to our service user at school during the hours of 8am-4.30pm from Monday to Friday with a flexible varied shift pattern during school holiday periods.
As a Complex Care Support Worker, you will make sure that our service users receive care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. All of our service users have various complex care needs that vary from one case to another but will include Ventilation, Tracheostomy and Epilepsy.
You will work in a family friendly, relaxed person-centred environment and will receive ongoing support from our Lead Paediatric Nurses.
This post is a long-term ongoing role.
Working with us will give you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course within the last 12 months - or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smartphone or device with internet access to manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
But why choose Newcross?
- 20 hours of work per week guaranteed as part of our minimum hours guarantee
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Salary of up to £10.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing a minimum of 20 hours every week
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Based in Staplegrove Road, our branch is just a short distance from Taunton train station.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.