Children's Complex Healthcare Assistant (Homecare)
We are looking for people like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Complex Healthcare Assistants to care for children with additional care needs living in Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and the surrounding areas.
Complex care position
As a Complex Healthcare Assistant, you will care for children with complex care needs and ensure that they are able to live as independently as possible. Tasks that you will provide assistance with include personal care, clinical requirements, medication support, epilepsy, PEG and feeding care, social activities and any additional services required.
The Norwich team
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Our new app feature!
Flexi Pay alows our healthcare staff to benefit from having exclusive access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the very same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- A minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas set to up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- 30,000 discounts available as part of our Perks at Work scheme!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
With Newcross, you have the exclusive opportunity to develop your existing skill set with a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered vary but include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.