Children's Complex Healthcare Assistant (Homecare)
Are you looking for a way to make a positive difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Complex Healthcare Assistants to care for children with additional care needs living in Thetford, Wymondham, Attleborough and the surrounding areas.
Complex Care Role
As a Newcross Complex Healthcare Assistant, you will ensure that children with additional care needs receive care and support fulfilling a range of important tasks. These vary depending on our service users but will include daily living activities, clinical requirements, feeding and PEG care, epilepsy, medication support and any additional services required.
With Newcross, you have the chance to benefit from an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- 20 hours of work guaranteed every week
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available!
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Skills & Training
Working with Newcross will give you access to a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering a variety of different topics. These will include BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, PEG, Epilepsy and many more.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.