Personal Care Assistant - Waking Nights/Learning Disabilities
Newcross Healthcare is looking for someone like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Personal Care Assistants to work a range of Day, Waking Night Shifts and Sleeper shifts, supporting our service users living with learning disabilities in their own homes in Yeovil, Street and the surrounding areas.
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users with additional care needs receive excellent care and support at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
It is highly desirable that you have previous experience of providing care to adults with additional needs in their own homes.
Why join our friendly team?
Take advantage of flexible hours across weekday/night and weekends, a Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts and our Flexi Pay feature.
This innovative feature allows you to submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.89/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Organised rotas
- Minimum 20 hours a week guaranteed
- Access our exclusive specialised training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Your local branch is based in Houndstone Business Park, Yeovil.