Complex Homecare Assistant
We are looking for people like you to make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Complex Homecare Assistants to care for our service users living with additional care needs in their own homes in Brighton, Lewes, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath and the surrounding areas.
This flexible app feature enables healthcare staff to enjoy having exclusive access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our caring role
As a Complex Homecare Assistant, you will assist and support our service users living with a range of complex needs. You will aid with personal care tasks, epilepsy, peg care, medication support, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why join our Newcross team?
- Minimum hours guarantee of 20 hours of work every week
- Set rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Successful candidates will have a chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, PEG and many more.
Additional chances are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £15.18/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free specialised ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
Our Eastbourne branch is located on the southeast coast of England, Newcross Healthcare's Eastbourne branch provides the East Sussex region with qualified care assistants, care workers and nurses.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.